Thursday, October 16, 2014

This Blog, The Mission, The Message

 There is no doubt about it, my time consuming passion absolute favorite thing in the world is cooking and cuisine, I believe my college major of food service and beverage management would defiantly reflect this. My interest in food goes beyond just the experience of cooking and eating itself, but why certain dishes have come to be, why certain ingredients and flavors were put to use and why the foods of two countries right next to each other can be so different, yet two cuisines on opposite sides of the world can have similar flavor profiles. SOOOOO along with providing an array of recipes traditional and fusion alike, this blog would also provide analysis regarding the geographical, economic, political, philosophical and agricultural effects on cuisine and its perception. If you have ever wondered why your Puerto Rican friend went into hysterics when you mention your images of their family dinners consisting of tacos and margaritas or when you ask a Turk “But isn’t baklava Greek!?!” and they start a political rant, odds are the answers will be here soon enough.

There are enough blogs and journals educating people in the chemistry behind cooking and though I respect them 100%, and have learned a lot of useful facts from them, they tend to bore me to an extent. I feel that there is a lack of solid information out there about the social effect on food, how human itself affect the food it eats, so I feel this blog will help fill in that gap.


In regards to my recipe writing skills, I cannot promise flawlessness, usually when I write down my recipes they are just for my usage, so I am also using this blog as a way to improve my recipe writing skills. If anyone reading them has any constructive criticism that could help my recipe writing skills, do not hesitate, it will only help me as a writer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment